Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

99 5.9 Durango Computer? In Mexico..sos!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:21 PM
olasol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 5.9 Durango Computer? In Mexico..sos!

My Durango shuts down after 25 minutes , or so, of driving. The check engine light does not come on.I hooked up a diagnostic code reader, and all functions pass...no faults, nothing in the history, as well. I had someone drive while I monitored the data, and everything was fine (temp, sensors, etc)until it just shut down. No hestitation, no stuttering....nada, it just stops.
When the truck shuts down, the Code reader dispalys that it has lost communication with the cars computer. As soon as the communication error clears, the car starts right up. The car computer does get hot, and I am pretty sure the reason it restarts is because it has had time to cool down. When it is sitting dead, the ignition functions (dash light, etc) still function. This makes me think the car computer is bad, but I am not a mechanic.....I just try to be one when its necessary...lol.

Anyone have a conclusion? I have had great advice on this forum before....thanks in advance.

Ron

Old 02-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Kcourtad
Default RE: 99 5.9 Durango Computer? In Mexico..sos!

disconnect the neg side of the battary and let it sit for a few mins and it resets the computer.... that might work im not for sure... i had a car that the computer in it messed up and disconnected the battary and it let it sit and started it up again and it worked fine...

Old 02-02-2007, 02:07 AM
94 red ram
Default RE: 99 5.9 Durango Computer? In Mexico..sos!

have you checked the grounds and power wires to the comp

Quick Reply: 99 5.9 Durango Computer? In Mexico..sos!