Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2001 Ram Drag Turck???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Hard_Drivin_Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Ram Drag Turck???

First I want to say any and all info will be a plus. I own a 2001 Ram 1500 2wd. It has a 5.2. I am interested in making it a relatively fast street/strip machine. Assume that it is stock. WHat are some mods that I can make that will improve my trucks performance both on the street and the strip.

Thanks!!

Old 08-14-2004, 07:35 PM
vlsun
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Ram Drag Turck???

drop in a crate 426 hemi. you're not going to go 'fast' with a small block unless you do some SERIOUS work to it, let alone in a big ol truck that weighs twice as much as cars do and has like no aerodynamics.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:17 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2001 Ram Drag Turck???

vlsun has the simple solution for sure.

I'm going to assume 2 things, you don't have to deal with emissions laws, and you have a pocket full of money. If you wanted to use the smallblock, get a 360 Magnum shortblock from MoPar Performance, or some reputable source. Get a set of aluminium Magnum heads and intake from Edelbrock, a torquey cam from whomever, Edelbrock FI SB mopar kit, TTi headers. Get a LSD for the rearend with 4.30 gear. If they make them for the tranny you have, get a low gear set. These are the major parts I'd use if I was going to do it. Obviously, I left some stuff out like rockers, windage trays, ignition, etc. Like I said, you have a pocket FULL of money, or at least you did have.

With the Edelbrock FI system, it may be possible to pass emissions depending on how much adjustment there is in the system. This system is capable of supporting up to 450 HP, but was designed for pre-magnum use. It looks like it can be used with the magnum intake.

Just some of these parts would give your 318 a kick in the butt provided your engine is in good shape. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2001 Ram Drag Turck???