Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Accessory switch location

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:48 AM
solarwarp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory switch location

Hello,

I want to install 3 accessory switches for lights, but I don't know where.

I have a 07 2500 HD automatic with 4wd. Just forward of the 4wd stick is a flat spot in the center console over the hump about 3" x 2.5".

Can I cut a hole in the plastic to surface mount a flat switch plate panel flat over the hump? Is there space to clear the switches?

Thanks

Old 02-03-2007, 01:22 PM
2000RAM
Default RE: Accessory switch location

Take the center console out and see if there's room. That's how I learned how much space is where.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 AM
rustyfisher05
Default RE: Accessory switch location

Solarwarp- be careful about about that lower center console. Behind that spot is a small metal box which happens to control the airbags. Now there probably is a small amount of clearance to mount a few switches as long as your wiring is clean and concise. I know about this spot because I've wanted to put in a moroso switch panel, and I've looked everywhere.What I would really like to do is put a small switch panel in place of the ash tray. If you come up with ideas- let me know, but I think that would look pretty cool (the ash tray position).

Quick Reply: Accessory switch location