Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

03 Ram 1500 Opinons needed for a Newbee

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 01:21 PM
RedSS454
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Ram 1500 Opinons needed for a Newbee

Hi everyone, could you help a newbie out here? I am looking at an 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quab Cab SWB with the Hemi and A/T. It has less than 10K miles on it. It is from a dealer although it is used, so the warrenty (8/80,000?) should carry over right? It is in my price range, as the new ones are not and is the exacty truck I am looking for. Do any of you have any opinions or comments on this? Is there any recalls/problems with anything on the truck? How is the power on the Hemi?

Any general comments or info is greatly appreciated. Also, I heard the Hemi has a Displacement on Demand (when is shuts down 2 then 4 cylinders) Is this true? If so, how do they do that? That would turn me away from it personally, because Cadillac did that, and it flopped. Anyway, and help you could give me is greatley appreciated and Thanks in advance,
Chris
RedSS454

Old 08-15-2004, 03:18 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 03 Ram 1500 Opinons needed for a Newbee

Hemi does NOT have a displacement on demand for the 2003 model.

Your looking at a fantastic model and year for that truck and I would recommend
to request a CARFAX from the dealer to know and understand if anything was wrong
with the vehicle.

If the style grabbed you first, then the power will pull you in the next step as the Hemi
still feels incredible compared to other trucks on the market.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: 03 Ram 1500 Opinons needed for a Newbee