Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 04:39 PM
JAG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure

I have a dodge ram 1998 and I cannot seem to figure out one of the problems.

When I come to a stop sign and stop and the truck is at idle, the oil pressure drops and the check gage light comes on and when I give it gas the pressure goes back to normal and the check gage light goes off.

I replaced the sending unit because one of the mechanics at a dealer told me that was the most likely problem. Well that did not work.

Only other problem I have is a new clicking noise under the hood and sounds like a loose belt but have been busy with the oil pressure issue.

Please give me some advice if you can.

Thanks

Old 08-17-2004, 11:36 AM
NastyNate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: oil pressure

Are you consuming oil? If so might need intake gaskets/valley pan gaskets. On my 96' it did the same thing, but the culprit was the oil pressure sensor behind the distributor. There is a fairly easy way to test if intake gaskets are needed by pulling off a PCV hose and a breather hose and seeing if air circulates, not 100% on how that test works though...

Quick Reply: oil pressure