Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Audio Guys, I have a question for ya

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 08:05 PM
airbrat
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Guys, I have a question for ya

I have a '04 quad cab w/ the upgraded 6 disc am/fm factory head unit. My question is I'm looking for a little bit more bass w/out sacrificing (much) cargo space. I was thinking maybe a single 8" sub in a enclosure? Can I get away w/ something bigger? Also what brand speaker is the best?

Old 08-16-2004, 09:39 PM
DakaDan
Professional
Default RE: Audio Guys, I have a question for ya

I have the JL audio stealth box with 10W3v2. I love it. I am running 250 watts to it and sounds awesome. I wont win any sound off competitions, but good enough for a daily driver. Recommendations, I've been using JL for a few years and havent had any complaints.

DakaDan

Old 08-16-2004, 11:17 PM
airbrat
Professional

Do you have a model number?

Old 08-17-2004, 12:00 AM
DakaDan
Professional

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/ramquadcab.html

Old 08-17-2004, 01:18 AM
jbrun

That is a sweet set up. Two 10's. Just enough bass to rattle the mirrors and not give you a head ache.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:42 AM
2K4RAM

The JL Audio Stealth Box is only available for the "passenger" side, and to fit only one JL Audio 10w3v2 sub. I have heard one in a ram and it sounds really good and is loud. However, if you like a LOT of bass like I do, you may want to consider doing what I am getting ready to do. This is the perfect and almost only "quality" set up you can put into a ram without losing any more space than your storage compartments under the rear seats......

Find a GOOD audio shop with a lot of fiberglass experience. Have them take a mold of your storage compartments, then fiberglass it and put 2 JL Audio 10w3v2 subs in there with a JL Audio 500/1 1 channel Monoblock Amp pushing them. I have heard this set up as well and it ****ing SLAMS That will deffinately take care of your desire for "clean" BASS. If you have the extra cash, I'd also recommend upgrading your stock Infinity speakers to JL Audio and get a smaller multi channel JL Audio Amp to push those. Now THAT is a SWEET "propperly matched for sound quality" system for your truck. Mine gets done in 2 weeks

Old 08-17-2004, 08:35 AM
AkDanoM
Rookie

Just a heads up...

There is one other option.. i did a little research myself and found that MTX makes a 2 10" custom fit box... they call them the "Thunderforms" or something to that nature..

Anyways just a thought before you go diving into your JL audio... and MTX (MTX dealers online not www.MTX.com) will sell them online without the speakers... add your own 10's of your choice..

Dano

Old 08-17-2004, 11:30 AM
NastyNate

I would say the infinity bass link is a cool little set-up. Single ten inch sub, built in amplifier, only wire that need to be run are power ground and hook up speaker inputs and your golden. Good luck.

Nate

Old 08-17-2004, 01:17 PM
cwoods
Rookie

The option I went with was a custom box molded out of fiberglass. Fits right under the seat like all those other options, I used a 10" kicker solobaric (new square one)...and it some awsome.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:57 PM
2K4RAM

There is so much truth in the saying "you get what you pay for" - If it is QUALITY you want - go JL. I have competed for many years in Car Audio competitions and I wouldn't use anything else. If you are willing to make the investment you will NOT be sorry - You can expect to pay about $300+ for the custom fiberglass molded box for 2 10's, $160 for each of the JL 10w3v2 subs, and $500 for the JL 500/1 Amp. This set up is the **** - GUARANTEED.

Kicker is good too. Back in the day, I used to have a complete Kicker system worth about $9,000 - but JL is the KING of Car Audio - pick up a magazine or go to a competition. JL is representing the majority of the "nice" systems. Once I tried JL - I never looked back.

Good luck with whatever you choose, and I highly recommend that you "hear in person" a few different systems in your model truck before you decide because there is nothing worse than getting a system and then hearing a different one that you like a lot more in your price range!

Quick Reply: Audio Guys, I have a question for ya