Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 05:52 AM
samir4242
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems

hello everyone im new to the forum, i bought my ram about a month ago 2003 quad cab 4.7 black slt. Love the truck! i recently put in my stereo system alpine head unit and some subs in the back. heres my problem, for some reason my "IDE" fuse keeps on blowing. this is the fuse that controls keyless entry power locks, interior lights, exterior lights. this fuse lets you use the electrical features of the truck while the truck is turned off. when my truck is running all features work fine but because this fuse keeps blowing i cant use my keyless entry, which is driving me nuts!!! does anyone know how to fix this problem, my local dealership said it has to do with my stereo but i cant see where my stereo would interfere. thanks in advance!

Old 08-18-2004, 09:40 AM
hemiwolf
Rookie
Default RE: Electrical Problems

I'm assuming your subs have an AMP? or are pre-AMP'd? chances are the remote wires for the AMP are not correctly wired.. and the AMP is pulling too much juice for the accesories fuse to handle.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:26 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps a loose ground causing an overdraw as well.

[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 08-18-2004, 09:39 PM
samir4242

both of your suggestions make sense. my ground is pretty secure though and my remote wire is wired to my head unit. if it is my remote wire, what can i do to fix the problem? thanks

Quick Reply: Electrical Problems