Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 02:30 AM
prerunner
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intake

Has anyone here tried the 360 intake on there 4.7l??? If so...how do you like it?

I've been looking for the k&n cai...but the only thing it comes up with is the 77series...which it says is not technicaly for my 04 4.7l. 360 says that the cai they have for the 03 will fit the 04...but the dyno sheet doesn't seem right. The dyno sheet they sent me was on a 01 4.7l....and it showed a peek HP of 200....which my truck is suppose to have a peak of 230 or 235 without any mods. It also shows that it loses HP on the low end compared to the stock.

I just want to make sure i make the right choice. Its the first time i've replaced the entire cai....and i don't want to get one that isn't going to work for my benefit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also getting my exhaust changed out on Friday (Flow 40 series). Is there any way to tell on the muffler itself if its actually the 40 series???? I told the salesman that i wanted the 40 series and he seemed kinda skittish about whether or not thats what he's gonna install.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:35 AM
2K4RAM
Default RE: Air Intake

I don't know about that intake, but I just installed an AIRAID CAI on my 04 4.7 and I am really happy with it. It not only sounds awesome, but my tires will spin now when I floor it from a stop - PLUS it also increased my gas milage by about 2mpg according to my computer. I bought the intake on Ebay for only $108.00. They retail for well over $200

If you go to K&N's web site - they have a 77 series for your truck for around $300. That's the one I was going to buy until I got lucky in the Ebay auction!

I also have a Flowmaster 50 series on my truck - the 40 seemed a little too loud for me.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:02 PM
grayghost

I have a Airmax CAI on Mine along with the Helix power tower. It came as a kit with both for around 300.00 (that includes shipping to Alaska which is very expensive and requires 2 day air). I love mine. I got around 3-5 mpg increase with combined driving. good low end increase, not so much the top end, which was fine for me since I just wanted to increase the low end for towing. I also have the tow package with 3:92 gears so mine may be geared differently then yours. I have a buddy that has the K&N which helped his out also but his was more noticeable on the top end with alittle increase on the low end. I have heard alot of good about the airraid system. but I dont know anybody personnaly that has one installed. There is also a system made by Volant it is supposed to be one of the best systems and is a true CAI but you have to pull your right fog light for the air intake. Hope that this helps. just remember that paying more money doesn't always mean that you are getting a better system with better gains.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:15 AM
prerunner
Captain

Thnx for the input.

I saw the 77series for my truck..but if you read up above....it says no matches found for my truck. I emailed k&n about the 77 series about 2 days ago...and they have yet to answer me.

I would prefer k&n simply because i've used there filters in my other autos'.....but i may change it up. I'll check out the Airraid and the Airmax tonight....

Old 08-20-2004, 12:29 AM
jleonard
Professional

I put on an air kit from Aspec. Got it cheap on Ebay, $65. The name means nothing, air is air. The only difference between mine and a $300 air kit is the heat shield. Noticed a difference down low and on the hiway when I romp on it. Went from getting at the most 300 miles to a tank, only once, to 335 miles after the air kit. Mine is a 4.7. I just got a Flowmaster 50 series, the quieter one. Lose a couple of hp to the 40 series but I am going for efficiency more than hp and noise. Truck does not need to downshift up hills that it used to. It actually pulls a little now. Dont know what my gas mileage is now with the exhaust. Just a little feedback from a new guy on the site. And as for the Titan guy. somebody tell this guy Its a truck , not a dragster. And the other guy has to know he's racing.

Quick Reply: Air Intake