Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Big Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:47 AM
vnv727
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Problem

alright i know im new here, but id definetly appreciate your guys help with this.......

heres the deal its a 2003 1500 5.7L Quad Cab 4x4.......anyway it has that *** that selects either 2wd. 4wd hi, 4 wd low....anyway this recently happened the trunk makes a absoultely horrible noise in 2wd and it jolts and jumps about, but as soon as i put it in 4wdhi it runs fine..now obviously its a pain running in 4wd cause it make tight manuevering alot harder...but here the kicker in 4wd only the rear wheels will spin...as i checked in the rain and it is definetly sending the power to th rear wheels......so it makes horrible noise and jolts about in 2wd but when u stick it in 4wd it stops but only the rear wheels are being driven....at first we though maybe a halfshaft or something but i dont think thats it..so i figured id ask the experts on a dodge forum.....can u guys help me...i plan on diy for this unless its gonna involve a press to push out bearings or something.....and ideas

Quick Reply: Big Problem