Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Love this forum, ok ok I LIKE it anyways.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
nateblong
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love this forum, ok ok I LIKE it anyways.

I have only had my 2000 Ram since Jan 4th. I seem to visit this site every day...LOL My fist truck/vehicle was a 1976 power wagon 4X4 clubcab 3on the tree. The engine was by no means stock being a 73 360 block bored 60 over some goodies were edelbrock intake, holley 750, yes 750 double pumper carb, some crazy profiled cam as at idle it said rump, rump, rump, LOL Anyways I loved that truck and look forward to getting another76 someday to rebuild with my son. Ok anyhow...wheewh to much coffe this morning. Ok my 2000 ram 360 with 46re trans has started to act like an ahole. It takes awhile to shift from 2nd to third, and now this morning while passing a Ferd, it acted like I pushed the clutch in.while passing.But its an auto.I was in second gear about 3800 rpms maybe about 3/4 throttle, and all the sudden it acted like it kicked out of gear!! rpms went up and when I let off and reapplied the gas it seemed to act normal again...What gives. Last month I changed the filter and fluid replacing it with Coastal ATF+4, adjusted the bands and made sure the fluid level was right on the full mark ( it still is). Is my converter dying? Ive read a bunch of the trans threads on this site but could not find one similar to my problem. Any ideas....Thanks

Old 02-17-2007, 05:01 PM
charginscott
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Love this forum, ok ok I LIKE it anyways.

It started all this AFTER you changed the fluid and filter , right? My 2000 Ram Sport did the same thing after I did my filter and fluid. Took it to a trannt shop and guess what $1600 and it`s still not right. I was told if you don`t do the service on a regular basis and then you do it, it will toast the tranny. I have 160,000 miles on mine and been VERY pleased with the truck.
Oh ya torque converter is toast too.
One last note - you might try to adjust the Throttle Valve cable - that would do the same thing too.
If all else fails there is AAMCO.

GOOD LUCK
Scott

Quick Reply: Love this forum, ok ok I LIKE it anyways.