Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
bartman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight question

The previous owner of my '01 Ram 1500 Sport installed some sort of "blue" headlamps in my truck. The low beams don't seem to show out very far, and I'm guessing this just could be an alignment issue. However, when switching to the high beams it seems to get worse. The lights definitely shine out further but it appears to be like the light is showing into a tunnel, (if that makes any sense). They are not very bright and it seems like I have better luck with the beams on low and the driving lights on.

Could this be an issue with these "blue" bulbs since I don't have any experience with them? Should I maybe go back to the original type lamps, or does anyone have any suggestions for me??

Compared to the headlights on my '05 Ram, the pones on my '01 just suck!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:18 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Default RE: Headlight question

When I bought my 96 1500, the prior owner did the same thing. He claimed he could see better and further, but I thought they were horrible (your description of the low/high beam is the same I noticed). Luckily he still had the old bulbs, and I put them back in. Now my lights work great. I guess some people see better with the "blue lights" and some see better with the "yellow lights". We should do a poll on which people prefer!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:11 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are bullcrap bulbs remove them immediately. If you want a HID bright bulb go to Autozone or your local parts house and pick up a set of the NEW Silvania Siver Star bulbs.....I think they are called ultra or something like that but they just came out and they are even brighter than the original Siver Stars. They run about $50 a set but trust me they are well worth the money and they last a very long time, just do NOT touch the glass part with your bare hand putting them in because the natural oils on our skin will damage them.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:14 AM
CatchMyDrift05
Rookie

Sounds like some AFTERMARKETSH*T bulbs... if you are goind to go with after market bulbs, the most closest ones to H.I.D. lighting without the price is the Sylvania SilverStars.... These things are Bright and Cheap.... They will get the job done... I actually plan on upgrading to H.I.D.'s... Just cause i got the extra $$$$ on hand...

Old 02-26-2007, 02:37 PM
bartman

Thanks for the info guys! Here's the update on the lights. I had my dealer check the alignment while I was there and he tweeked 'em a little but he said they were pretty well on. The lights are minimaly better and I definitely know that I'm gonna trash the "blue" bulbs. In my opinion, they just plain suck ***!!!

I'll definitely check out the Silver Star bulbs.

Thanks again,
Bartman

Old 03-04-2007, 01:02 PM
ryjack

If you want real HID lights here is the proper way to get it done, it's little expensive, you'ld probably want to get a set of projector housings, but you won't have any night time lighting issues any more...

http://www.hid-lights.com

Old 03-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

it has beendocumented that the "hid" wanna be lights give less distance light versus light just in fron of the bumper. they have a wide spread pattern.

halogens push the light out farther.

even real HID's have a wider dispersal area vs farther out.

Quick Reply: Headlight question