Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2001 RAM 5.9 gasoline mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 02:42 AM
AndrewH
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 RAM 5.9 gasoline mods?

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, so please forgive any newbie mistakes...

I totaled my car yesterday, so time to start looking for the next victim. Found a 2001 4x4 with a 5.9 for $16,000 with only 25,000 miles. Does anyone know if this is a good deal, baring the carfax report and looking over the truck in person?

I've always been a fan of the "new" ram when it came out in 94 (and love the body style of the "new, new" ram but don't have the money and want to be a little ruff with it so going with a little older for easier to get parts), so now that I’m in a position to buy one I'm going to jump on it. The one thing that's always bugged me about the 5.9 is it's under (chocked down) power. I was wondering if anyone had any good mods for the 5.9 other than the typical cold air intake, headers and high flow exhaust and of course a supercharger. And what the stock power is for the 5.9 and what is gained for the exhaust/intake mods. (I know the gain highly depends on the exact conditions, but any info will help me out and I understand most the gain from the equipment I install with be stated by the mod manufacture.)

P.S. with the 4x4, I’m more interested in the torque mod gains than the hp, but all info helps.

Quick Reply: 2001 RAM 5.9 gasoline mods?