Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Titan

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 01:15 PM
_HEMI_
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titan

I have been reading articles that the Titan out accelerates the HEMI. Any truth to this?

Old 03-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Titan

Oh gosh, not again... no flaming anyone... be nice. LOL!!

_HEMI_ Have you searched our site for info before posting? Here's some links to other Titan talk here...

https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=13209
https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=15969
https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=7465
https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=12242
https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=9751

Just to list a few... LOL! Where did you get your info?

~Amanda

Old 03-15-2004, 02:02 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can tell you is this. Last week I had a refrigarator and washer/dryer in the back of my truck. 2004 Hemi Ram. I pulled up to the light, there was a new Titan and a F-150 reving one another. Well the light turned green and away they went. Man, you should have seen their faces as my Ram took them about 200 yards down the road.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:23 PM
_HEMI_

I am not trying to start an argument, I just finished reading an article on car and driver weebsite and they had mentioned that the Titan out accelerated the Ram. I hope I read it correctly. I was just trying to get some input.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:53 PM
IrvineDodgeGuy

in every article i've read the titan does out accelerate the hemi. i don't know if anyone else has noticed--but, the ram's tested (at least all that i've seen) have had teh 20's and the largest wheels available for the titan are 18's. has anyone had one of their wheels off? they are ANCHORS.

bigger wheels=more weight=slower acceleration

Old 03-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

ORIGINAL: _HEMI_
I am not trying to start an argument, I just finished reading an article on car and driver weebsite and they had mentioned that the Titan out accelerated the Ram. I hope I read it correctly. I was just trying to get some input.
Oooh I know you weren't, I was warning everyone else to keep their cool. LOL!

Oh cares about acceleration time, who gets to the finish line first is what counts. Hehehe!!

~Amanda

Old 03-15-2004, 04:33 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that's why I had the 20's replaced with the 17" alloys. Too, I don't care for the looks of the 20's. To shiny.

Old 03-15-2004, 05:03 PM
uhoh
Rookie

Ha ha this is two funny, who cares about acceleration....let's see how about anyone who is interested in drag racing. Acceleration wins races 9 out 10 times. The only way it won't is if the race is long enough to allow a higher power vehicle to get more top speed. As an example if I run slicks on my car I will gain 4 tenths of second in accleration and loose 2 mph top end. At the end of a quarter mile my overall ET is almost a half second faster. I will take a significantly more powerful vehicle to make up the time I pull off the line and bottom end. Oh and this why people interested in racing run 3.90 and lower ratios typically......acceleration is the name of the game. If a car can out accelerate another to 60 mph it most likely will stay ahead through a quarter mile at 83.

Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Okay... I get your point, but MY point was simply don't let that be a deciding factor between the two trucks.

I am 150% behind you on the acceleration, hell, I won't do my next large mod without a higer gear so I don't lose any low end torque... I know about acceleration, but I doubt he'll be drag racing the Titan or Ram, most peeps needs daily drivers.

I've experienced some rides that have somewhat dull acceleration that had extreme mid and high ranges and whooped the other car who got the jump at the line... so it's all in what you do to your ride.

~Amanda

Old 03-15-2004, 05:35 PM
uhoh
Rookie

Well OK then why are there so many on here running off at the mouth about how fast their truck is and that nothing can touch it etc. Now a magazine comes out and says look out there's a new kid on the block. Seems the story has now changed to, well I can catch them later.

Off the line jumping and flat out accelerating are two different subjects. If I am sleeping at the line and you get the jump on me I can and will beat you if I have more power to weight etc. However, no matter what if you jump me and out accelerate it will take some time for me to catch back if ever.

I'll give you another example of ignorance. I raced a guy in town (light to light) and beat him badly (7-10 lengths). He still wanted another shot at it but I ignored him. When we hit the freeway I wanted to teach him another lesson, by the time I hit the freeway off the on ramp I was bumping the rev limiter and the needle was sitting on 130 and held it there for a couple of miles (I was probably 20 lengths ahead at the beginning). He was slowly gaining on me and eventually passed. So I was out of gearing, maxed out at rpm, it took him several miles to catch me, and you know what HE THINKS HE BEAT ME! OK so my car is faster in almost every other situation but flat out top end. Which car would you rather drive?

Quick Reply: Titan