Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New Truck Major Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:49 AM
canram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Truck Major Problems

Hey tends2digress, I've also got a brand new 2007 Hemi QC that has had the transmission thing happen two or three times now and I've only had it for 2 weeks.[:'(] First time it happened, I thought I'd done something wrong, like bump the shift leaver or something. The second time it happened I was in the dealer's lot reversing uphill. I got out and had them run a diagnostic check on the computer. Nada, no error codes or warning. Started the truck and backed up the same hill and couldn't reproduce. They basically told me that it is part of the break-in period and to come back in if it happens again.

Long story short, I feel your pain and frustration. Next time it happens, I'll be asking for a printout of all TSBs for the last 2 years.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM
workingspy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I am very happy with my 07 hemi but I have had the reverse to neutral thing happen and when I went to the dealer I could never reproduce the problem and they could never find anything. However this dose not bother me at all but I was curius to see if they could fix it. When I talk to a mechanic not the service manager he explained that when you engage into reverse alwasy wait for the trucks revs to be at idel and this will not happen. To this day I have been praticing this and the problem has not returned, I cant tell you if it fixed the problem I guess only time will tell. Also Don't forget everything gets a little better after the break in period.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For all of you who are bit**ing about the MDS, why didn't you get a 2500 if you had to have a Hemi, but didn't want MDS?

KRC Performance offers a "non-MDS kit" for something like $250. If I remember right it has new lifters, core plugs and gaskets. You may also need a PCM flash with it... May be something worth looking into.

Me, personally, and this is nothing against any of you who have '06 and newer Hemi's, but if I wanted a Hemi, especially in a truck, a 4x4 truck to boot, then I don't give a damn about gas mileage. I love my '04, but would not get a new 1500. I will be shooting for a CTD in my next, but if $$$ is an issue then I'll step into a 2500 Hemi, specifically to not have to deal with MDS...

Quick Reply: New Truck Major Problems