Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

removeable rollup tonneau cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:26 PM
EricInMN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removeable rollup tonneau cover?

I have a Dodge Ram 2500 Quad cab with an 8 ft cab and I want to get a soft rollup cover but there are times when I need every inch of the bed to haul motorcycles. Most rollups take up 6 or so inches at the cab-end of the bed. Is there a that doesn't use any bed space at the cab end? Thanks for any input.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:18 AM
smokinjoe
Rookie
Default RE: removeable rollup tonneau cover?

I had one of these on my old S-10, rolls up almost completely, about 3 or 4 inches from the front, but rolled up it only takes about 3 minutes to remove the 2 bolts that hold the front on. easy install too, looked good and okay price, plus there lockable
http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ccess_MAIN.asp

Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
BradBeyer
Veteran

when I roll mine up it takes 2"-3" at the front also but you counld still use the whole bed you would just put the bike up against it.

Brad

Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
EricInMN

Which one of these do you own, Smokinjoe? My bed rail is about 3 inches wide at the cab. Is there a rail on the cover frame that extends into the bed? Thanks for any thoughts.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:00 AM
EricInMN

Thanks Brad. Is there a tonneau cover rail on the front that extends into the bed or is it pretty close to flush with the bed rail?

Old 03-10-2007, 12:36 PM
rickdb1
Amateur

I have the Extang roll-up cover and it takes up no room at the front when removed......About 5" when it's just rolled up..... Loosen up one clip and the whole thing comes right out...

Old 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM
kiggy74
Amateur

You shouldn't have any problems. They take up a few inches when rolled up at the front, but the tires of your bikes are going to hit the front of the bed well below where the tonneau will be rolled up, leaving you plenty of room. Go for it.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:01 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

im fixing to get a tonneau cover as well, i would recommend a tri fold model because its all one piece and takes only a minute to install and remove. looks great too! a buddy of mine has one on is 05 dodge and its awesome. the only reason i dont have one yet is because im just trying to find the cheapest one. so far on ebay i found a company that is selling them for $189.00 plus $49.00 shipping. thats the best deal ive found so far. there number is 1 800 482 1922. hope this helps

Old 03-25-2007, 11:59 PM
mnram

I had a Truxedo cover on my Dakota and it worked really well. The bows in the middle rolled up with the cover and it adjusted the tension automatically. Also when it was rolled up it only took up about 3" of space at the front. I will definetly be buying another one for my Ram 1500.

Quick Reply: removeable rollup tonneau cover?