Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Coolant Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 03:47 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Problems

A year ago I was driving home on the highway when my temperature gage suddently went through the roof. I pulled off and my truck stalled and died. I got it started again and the temperature had gone down again. I stayed off the highway from then on. I was going down the road and my truck completely shut off, everything. I pulled to the side and got it started, it clanked so bad when I started it that it could have passed for a diesel. I got it almost home when it died again. I started again and got it home. I had no coolant and what I did have had sprayed out everywhere through that little escape tube. Last night I was driving to dinner and my temperature went way up again. I checked and I had no coolant. I filled it and went on with my night. I checked it this morning before church and it had gone down almost two inches in one night. I checked tonight and it's down even further. I couldn't find a leak, what's the problem?

Old 08-30-2004, 04:03 AM
kevro7
Rookie
Default RE: Coolant Problems

head gasket maybe???? just a thought

Old 08-31-2004, 12:02 AM
glock45
Professional
Default RE: Coolant Problems

Head gasket is a possibility..notice any white smoke in your exhaust? If you drain the oil do you have any water in it?

Have you checked for leaks both cold and hot. I have had a hose split under the clamps and it wasnt visible until the hose pressure had gone up.

How about the radiator cap..working at the proper PSI?
How about the thermostat..ever been changed?

I also had a truck (non dodge) that did the same thing just before the oil pump went out..I guess the temp in the engine was surging pretty high at highway speeds.

Just some rambling thoughts.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Coolant Problems