Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

VIBRATION IN 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 05:14 PM
RSWHEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIBRATION IN 4WD

I OWN A 2006 RAM 4WD QUAD CAB WITH THE 5.7 HEMI ENGINE. WHEN THE TRUCK IS IN 4WD THERE IS A VIBRATION/SHUDDER THAT TAKES PLACE FROM APPROXIMATELY 25-40 MPH, MORE SO UNDER LOAD. I AM TOLD THIS IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF THIS VEHICLE. I OWNED A 2003 RAM 4WD QUAD CAB 5.7 HEMI THAT DID NOT DO THIS. ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM?

Old 03-24-2007, 12:36 AM
wyorat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VIBRATION IN 4WD

I have heard of this problem while searching for a leveling kit. A lot of 06 guys are complainingof this and the leveling kit makes it worse. I talked to a place that installs them and they said it was hit and miss. Some trucks do and some don't.[>:] Doesn't make any sense, but thats the way it is. I have an 07 and it doesn't do it at all. I took a guys advice and got on a dirt road and hammered it in 4h. Nothing. I don't know it the problem was fixed for the 07's or ifI just lucked out. I'm still hesitant to install a leveling kit. Wish I could give you better news. Some guys on this site have failed miserably at getting the dealer to correct the problem. Hopefully it will end up being a recall. I had an 04 that ran perfect even with the torsion bars cranked to raise the front a couple of inches. Makes me wonder if I should have stepped up to a 2500 and save myself the headaches involved in owning an IFS suspension. They also harder and more expensive to lift.[:@]Or, maybe, Dodge engineers could pull their heads out of their @$%'s. It pisses me off that my dad and brother took their 07 Chevy's and leveled them no problem. This truck just hit the market. I guess their is something to "Professional Grade Engineering". Kicker is; their front bumpers still sits lower than my stock one. Ground huggers!!!

Quick Reply: VIBRATION IN 4WD