Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

dull headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 AM
aja10415
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dull headlights

I bought an 02' ram 1500 QC a few weeks back.I was giving it a thourough cleaning today and I can't get the headlights clean. They look dull sort of like there's a film on them. I tried a number of things and went as far asusing Turtlewax restoration compound (which I almost never use), but had no results. Any advice? 'Preciate the help, Andy. I also wanted to know what yall's experience was with dodge's paint. I hadn't owned a dodge before this, and this truck laughs in the face of touch of paint. When i washed it today, there were small chips in the paint no bigger than an 1/8" across, but they weren't just where I expected them (bumper, rocker pannels) There were chips on the hood and tailgate as well; more than I would expect to see and i can tell the previous owner did not go off-road. Any similar experiences?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:16 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dull headlights

Evetually they will get this plastic headlight thing right.........as in not making them out of plastic. There are a few products out there that you can try and they are by reputable wax and cleaner companies Meguire's and Mother's to name a couple has a product that just clears up headlight lenses. If this doesn't work then I would try your local "pick-your-parts" salvage yard and see if there are a couple there that aren't danaged.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dull headlights

ORIGINAL: aja10415

I bought an 02' ram 1500 QC a few weeks back.I was giving it a thourough cleaning today and I can't get the headlights clean. They look dull sort of like there's a film on them. I tried a number of things and went as far asusing Turtlewax restoration compound (which I almost never use), but had no results. Any advice? 'Preciate the help, Andy. I also wanted to know what yall's experience was with dodge's paint. I hadn't owned a dodge before this, and this truck laughs in the face of touch of paint. When i washed it today, there were small chips in the paint no bigger than an 1/8" across, but they weren't just where I expected them (bumper, rocker pannels) There were chips on the hood and tailgate as well; more than I would expect to see and i can tell the previous owner did not go off-road. Any similar experiences?
try a product called "MicroMesh" it is made for restoring aircraft windshields.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...eshscratch.php

Quick Reply: dull headlights