Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

is dodge american?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is dodge american?

Ok AmericanFord just logged on to stir the pot, never to return.

What I think is funny is if he did a little research instead of just causing trouble he would find that Ford Truckshave a higher % of import parts and assemblies than Dodge.

One other point I'd like to make:
Whatdo they call that little Mazda Truck?
Oh yeah I remembera Ford Ranger!

LoL

Old 04-22-2007, 04:27 AM
JJHays

Not one car company in the world today is indicative of its country of origin. So many parts and assemblies are made by thousands of manufacturers worldwide with even the "big 3" sharing some components,EG: a volvo manufactured/assembled in the netherlands has more americanparts value in it than what Sweden has in the powertrain in a volvo.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
wyorat

What JJHays said. It's naive to think any vehicle is 100% American. Too many part suppliers. I'd say buy it if it's assembled in the USA. Toyota's have been made in America for over a decade. They just surpassed all automakers for worldwide sales. People say their not American made. Funny. Last time I looked the Camryis made in Georgetown Kentucky by Americans. The global market is too large for any automaker to operate independantly. As for tinyfxds and his German cars. They are rated the worst vehicles for maintenance. Not to dog. Just the facts. He'll be honoring his ancestors with a big fat check for purchasing an overpriced POS. I'm a 5th generationAmerican with British and Swedish ancestry.. If I were to buy a foriegn made vehicle, I would opt for one that is assembled here in the U.S. by hard working Americans. Americans that turn the wrench on one of the best built vehicles ever made. Period. The problems with my 04 1500 4x4 and the crap warranty and fouled up 4wd system I just got with my 07 makes me wonder if I should start looking at Toyota's again. They hold their value and their service departments are second to none. I honestly have to say that my last 3 Chrysler products have been frustrating. This forumonly validates my feelings. I never had half the problems with my first two vehicles. Toyota Tacomas. The new Tundra (my next vehicle purchase) is being built in Indiana and Texas. By the way, Japan has more American auto factories than Europe combined. Who's more American? Sorry Dodge and Daimler. How can you sell a 4x4 that has a defective 4wd system? REALLY!![:@]So much for German engineering.[:'(]I'd bought a Chevy if they weren't such a ground hugger. At least they give you a warranty.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
JotiGrains
Professional

Go ahead and drive a Ford Power Joker. Or maybe you prefer a Ford Pooper Duty?

Old 04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
JarheadX
All Star

I love ram trucks, idk what i would do with out them, however, if i had to own a truck other then dodge. and HAD too, it would be a ford, never chevy never gmc, never toyota, never, nissan. But I drive a dodge, so no need to worry about having to drive a ford truck

Old 05-05-2007, 01:33 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: AmericanFord

well enjoy your mexican/ german trucks.

as i will only drive ford (built in new jersey) trucks that are AMERICAN, with a big ole american flag in the back

According to Consumer reports magazine:
american cars made in mexico,
from GM--- rendezvous, escalade, avalanche, HHR, silverado, suburban, yukon.

from Dodge--- PT cruiser, Ram trucks.

Ford--- F series trucks, Fusion, lincoln MKZ, Milan

USA cars Made in Canada:

Dodge--- Chrysler 300, minivans, charger,

Ford--- crown vic

GM--- lacrosse, impala, monte carlo, silverado, sierra, grand prix
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

made in USA imports
46 imports, including:
acura TL, bMW X5, Honda accord, civic, CVR, odessy, Hyundia sonota, infiniti QX56, mazda tribute, 6. mercedes M class, R class. mitubisshi galant. nissan altima, maxima, pathfinder, titan. saab x9. subaru legacy. toyota camry, sienna, tundra.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
mdscole
Amateur

Yup - you want American - buy a Toyota!

(I hope it doesn't get to that...) The only actual American made stuff these days is building construction. Can't import that (or can you...)

Old 05-12-2007, 05:21 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran

OK OK let me get this strait, MR I only drive Fords. Can u please explain to me why your ona dodge only fourm? oo yea thats b/c u dream of owning a dodge!!!!!

Quick Reply: is dodge american?