Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

questions about 04 sprinter

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 PM
sub jumper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about 04 sprinter

i am looking for a work van, and have found an 04 sprinter, but it has 450,000km on it. guy says its been dealer serviced every 15,000km.
it has the 2.7L I5 motor, how do those stand up? are they a million km motor? what about suspension and differentials? the van is cheap enough, but i just dont want to get screwed with astronomical repair bills.
so any information would be great.

thanks

Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
I don't know how they hold up, But i do know the repairs are not cheap.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:53 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I see a lot of those Vans coming in for service with 450k kms in original Engine and Trans. If you were buying a New work van, I would highly recommend those, they will pay off easily with it's durability and Fuel economy.

But when you run into problem, repairs are not cheap, as mentioned.
For example, i think 1 fuel injector can run you $600.

They are a lot better Van than Ford or Chevy work van, but at 450K, you are trying ur luck.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Shelbyfan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been seriously considering one for it's fuel economy and reliability. However, it seems that at about 250,000 miles is when the engine starts to need work, and because it is a Mercedes it will cost, as mentioned.
It is a hard debate as I put 75k on a year but I only get 16mpg in my '02 cummins. So is it better mpg and really expensive to fix but not as many miles till it needs fixed or much worse mpg and expensive to fix but a hundred or so thousand miles before stuff starts to need fixed.

Quick Reply: questions about 04 sprinter