Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

2007 Sprinter shift problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:39 PM
George Finn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Sprinter shift problem

2007 Dodge Sprinter..automatic

Not sure if anyone would have any experience with this problem but its worth a shot.

The car will start normally...but when he shifts it to D or R nothing happens...its like it is still in park. (the car is in park, but you are able to change it to D and R). Any advice would be appreciated. Not sure where to start looking.

Looking for 'reset button' ... re: safety lock out?
Same problem as this message board just a different car. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...t-of-park.html

Won't shift out of park and want to try this 'reset button' as they call it. Just want to find out where it is on a 07 Sprinter.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
First you need to cover the basic, Does the shifter cable move down at the transmission? 2nd will the van roll in park,If not can you put the shifter in neutral and does the van roll in neutral? Or do you mean the shifter doesn't come out of park? And of the new cars 2006 and vans have a release button to get the shifter out of park. That also geos for sprinters too.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:45 PM
ALASKAPF-185

2007's don't have the reset button like the older units do. Try checking the brake switch, there is a safety lockout if there is a problem with the switch at the pedal. Simple and easy to, sometimes removing or putting floor mat after a batt change can nock it out of place. The bracket is pretty cheesy. If I remember right you have to use a MB tool - witech or equivalent to override.

Good Luck

Old 05-29-2015, 12:34 AM
mechanicaljim
Thumbs down 07 sprinter drives but not shifting into high

from the tension pull letting loose at 60 destroying the fan, radiator,the shroud, serpentine belt, and now the thing won't go anywhere fast. I also have a exhaust leak but the transmission is what is stoping me from making money because its my work truck.I hear it the shift module, the valve body or a fuse. Everybody wants to sell me a new transmission. I am looking to fix this trans because i am the only one that drives this truck and I did it once before and cured its self so who if anyone could guide me please.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

were having a similar issues with our work van, it will shift manually but not when left in drive.... turbo spools up but wont shift unless you do it manually.... yep every shop in Dallas Ft Worth Tx wants to sell us a new trans instead of trying to be a real technician & figure it out..... its a great work van the mpg on that thing is the shizzle!

Quick Reply: 2007 Sprinter shift problem