Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

ELECTRICAL....TOW HARNESS

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:26 PM
niasric
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ELECTRICAL....TOW HARNESS

The company I work for recently purchased six 2006 Sprinter vans. We got them without the tow package before we realized we would have to use at least one of them to pull a trailer so we had a certified company install a hitch and wiring. Because the turn signals are separate from the tailights, a tailight converter was necessary along with a built in power module to keep the extra load of the trailer lights from confusing or damaging the computer. After approx. 15,000 miles it began experiencing the random power loss I've been hearing and reading about. We were told by the local Dodge dealer that our power loss was from the wiring that was done to the tailights???????? They cut all the wires from the tailight converter and are trying to charge us $150.00 for the labor. We've spoken with the company that installed the device for us and they have at least a dozen invoices showing the same work done on the same make and model vans here in the Detroit area with no problems. Has anyone else heard of this problem?? Thank you in advance!!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 AM
jcgeorge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ELECTRICAL....TOW HARNESS

I had the same problem.
Weird things started happening, I would turn the left blinkerto change lanes and the cruise control would turn off. Stuff like that was going on...

Looked at ebay and their was a guy selling the smart controller from Hidden Hitch (I think) for $30ish dollars. This is what is needed, the standard 4 plug wiring adaptor will not work, I learned thru spending cash. The dealer hookup is an overkill and overpriced.

....Also in MI....

Quick Reply: ELECTRICAL....TOW HARNESS