Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

93 stealth tt help request

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:53 AM
nightshadexl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 stealth tt help request

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and new with my stealth. I have a 1993 Dodge Stealth RT TT with 140K KM(87.5K Miles) and aquired it in december 2006. There's a couple of repairs/maintenace I'd like to do and I've only been able to find some tidbits of info so far. So let me post a list of things I'd like to work on and hopefully someone will be able to help me get some info on it.

First off, I bought new spark plugs and would like to change them myself since garges are quoting me 500$ labour. Kinda rediculous. I'm not mechanicly retarded, just not experienced. I found a guide of what parts need to be removed and in what order, but my concern is how much torque and in what sequence do you do up the bolts on the intake manifold? I don't want to use too much and crack it and I don't want to have too little and have it leak.

Secondly, my rear brake lights in the spoiler and along the base of the trunk don't work (The two brake lights on the sides of the car work fine). Does anyone have a disassembly guide/wiring diagram for those?

I'm also interested in a guide for changing the fuel filter if possible.

And I also have a question, a few companies list the wrong oil filter number for the stealth, and I have to resort to using a napa filter. Anyone know the proper filter number for something high end?

Thanks is advance and I hope I can contrubite back in time whatever help you guys give me.

Cheers,

NightshadeXL

Old 03-31-2007, 04:33 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 93 stealth tt help request

Guide for changing plugs.
http://www.stealth316.com/2-sparkchange.htm
It looks a little daunting the first time you do it, but it really isn't that bad. Take your time, be sure to cover the intake holes you open up when you remove the plenum, you'll be fine.

The lights in the spoiler are LEDS, so they probably aren't bad. Remove the interior panel in the rear hatch, you'll see the wire harness right there, start testing voltage.

If you have a Mitsu dealer close by, just use the OEM filter. They aren't too much more expensive than a parts store, but you will know that you are getting exactly what you need.

The site I linked too, Stealth316, is an excellent resource for our cars. Spend some time browsing his site, you will learn a lot.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:06 PM
nightshadexl

Thx

Old 03-31-2007, 05:21 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

i managed to change my spark plugs without taking the plenum off, but i have a non turbo car. if it was me i would try taking them off without taking the plenum off, lol.
and i think the fuel filter is located under the battery.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM
JSouthTwinTurbo

I changed the fuel filter on my 91 SOHC stealth and I have a R/T T/T and haven't done that one but it looks the same. Just take out thebattery, battery pan, and washer fluid jug and the filter is right there. There is a fuel line on the top connected by a bolt and the same on the bottom. Try to disconnect the fuel lineconnected to the bottom soyou can pullthe filter out to disconnect the bottom bolt. Keep a rag handy because the lines are pressureized and fuel will spray out.(only a little) Also the filter is connected to the fire wall so you will have to take out them bolts. hope this help alittle.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:24 AM
yevgenievich
Captain

discription given by JSouthTwinTurbosounds about right, i think i had to disconect the line before it met the fuel filter, because it was just to tight, later when i got it out i disconected the rest of the line from the filter, and i don't remember having to take any bolts out from the firewall... maybe whoever worked on my car before didn't put them back in?

Quick Reply: 93 stealth tt help request