Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Question about my 92 dodge stealth R/t

Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Skyshroudterror
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my 92 dodge stealth R/t

Hey Ladies and Gents.. I have a problem with my 92 dodge Stealth R/T non turbo.... It seems as if there is a problem with my Master clutch cylinder or my Slave cylinder... But I could be wrong. I'll explain whats wrong..

Ok, there was never a single problem with my clutch, until one day I noticed the clutch pedal went down fairly easy, well I was onl a lil concerned.. Well When i went home later that night, the pedal went down to the floor from just the weight of my foot. As i drove my car home, it would not shift into first, it just would grind, so I had to us 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.. but shifting into each of those gears was pretty rough, but no grinding... Well the very next morning, i went into my car and I pressed the clutch down, and this time it just stayed down. So I decided to start my car in first gear to see what happens. When I started my car it would move foward all on its own without even hitting the gas... So i shut it off, and decided to start it on nuetral. When I did that it started right up and didnt move, but once the car was started 1st gear would grind, so i didnt try that anymore, and the gears I coulnt even get my stick into... ( I did all that whille staying put) so if you guys could help me out. that would be sweet...

Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Question about my 92 dodge stealth R/t

Is there fluid in the resivoir? Clutch wore out?
Check the resivoir to see if you have fluid, if so, try bleeding the clutch.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Skyshroudterror

yeah I'll try that. thanks..

Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Jeff7pt62

Sounds like you lost all the fluid over night. ( it happens) If so, a leak on the master is almost impossible to find without taking it out. So, if you find no fluid, and no obvious leaks, check the carpet up under pedal. ( mine was wet) I ended up replacing both master and slave actuators. It's not too bad of a job, but I'd rather have someone else do it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about my 92 dodge stealth R/t