Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Interested in buying a stealth

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:09 PM
dakcornholio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in buying a stealth

I am looking at buying a 1992 dodge stealth R/T TT. It has 90k on it and a recently rebuilt heads and a new timing belt. I am not very familiar with the stealth and would like to know from people that actually own the car whether or not it is a good car to own. I am interested in knowing if the car has lots of problems and if it is a VERY high maintenance car. I am looking for something somewhat reliable and awsome to drive. I currently own a 5.0 mustang so i am looking for something that is faster and better. Thank you for you inputs.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran
Default RE: Interested in buying a stealth

I would defiently say high maintenence car to maintain. I spend quiet a bit of money keeping it running. Right now im gettint it repaired and its gonna cost around $1000 for them to fix it. I had my TCU break on it already, and it has less than 95k miles, and I take very good care of her.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
92stealth
Professional

its high maintenece, but all cars need something, these just have expensive parts. they will only be really expensive if you beat on them, ive seen TT's go for over 200k miles on them, then you see some with 50k and they have spun bearings, its all in how you drive them and how you take car of it, example change the oil every 3k miles and use fully synthetic.
if you go and do redline drops and are always beating on it dont expect it to last long but if you take care of it, its just like other cars.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:37 AM
dakcornholio

They are a good car

Old 07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
whitey97
Professional

good car man, i haven't dropped much into mine, other than a clutch that the person before me whiped out.

in the long run, way cheaper than your mustang, no hate. proven fact that once there's 100k on a mustang they start burning oil, excesivly. plus you can't get a mustang with a pre installed TT. so you're guarenteed a fast car

Quick Reply: Interested in buying a stealth