Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

95 stealth (non turbo)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:12 PM
dstaff77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 stealth (non turbo)

i've got a 95 stealth and i love it but i am having some major problems.i burnt up a transmission in this bad boy(automatic) and of course when you start to do that - the car puts it self in what i hear is called "limp mode".i have replaced the tranny and the car was still in limp mode.so then i replace the ecm(ecu)and the tcu(tcm) both twice and that is not cheap!none of this has taken the car out of limp mode and 5 different mechanics at 5 different places say nothing shows up on diagnostics.the local dodge dealer wont work on it and niether will the mitsu dealer.if any body knows how to fix this all help would be greatly appreciated.i havn't drove this car more than 10 miles in three years if that gives you any idea how much trouble i'm having getting this fixed.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:29 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 95 stealth (non turbo)

Hey dstaff, I don't know what your problem may be. Our cars do have a "limp mode" that basically keeps the car in 3rd gear. The ECU and TCU's really don't "talk" that much, the TCU tell the ECU that it is about to shift so the ECU pulls some timing. I believe that is about it. I did a quick search on us3s.com and 3si.org and only came up with a couple of things. A bad fuse under the hood, or a messed up MAS can cause it to be in limp mode. You might want to check out the forums on us3s.com or 3si.org as they are dedicated to only Stealth/3kgts and have a much larger knowledge base than is at DodgeForum (for these cars).

Sorry I was not more helpful.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
dstaff77

no one at us3s knows what the problem is either

Old 10-19-2004, 03:27 PM
thestealth
Champion

did you try 3si.org/forum. Someone might know something on that forum..?

Quick Reply: 95 stealth (non turbo)