Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

MAJOR WIRING ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:03 PM
91calistealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAJOR WIRING ISSUE

Ok, my problem is that my headlights won't turn on. The pop up, but won't light up. The lights are still ok, I checked the with direct power from the battery. I have to use the fog lights to see at night. Problem number two, the console dimmer switch has not worked for a long time. Fuses are good, I checked and replaced any that were bad. Problem three, my SRS light is on and has been for a long time. When I did my research and found out the codes that it might be throwing, I took it to the local dealer and had them put the car on the diagnostic machine. They gave me the car back and said that there is a "MAJOR WIRING"issue in my car. My main concern is the headlights. Please help.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: MAJOR WIRING ISSUE

Wiring gremlins suck bad. Not much more you can do except start working your way backwards from the lights. It could be a relay, a short to ground (not likely since you aren't blowing fuses), the light switch itself.
Get a basic 12v tester and start hunting. I'd probably start at the light switch and make sure it is getting power, then to the relay, I think it is under the hood by the air filter, check for power. If it is working correctly, check the wiring between the relay and the headlights.

The dimmer switch is probably bad, or just dirty. Check if for power, then pull the switch and clean it or replace it.

The SRS deals with your airbag (Safety Restraint System). The computer for it is under the console. It could have bad capacitors on the board, a common issues with these cars.

Good luck with the hunting.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
falcon66
Rookie

There is a fuse in the large relay box (kind of "y" shaped) by the air intake that provides power to the dash lights, head and tail lights. I believe it is the last one in the center, farthest from the relays. On my Stealtha "mechanic" at a local shop had pulled it and put it back in the wrong location. The headlights would pop up but not turn on.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM
falcon66
Rookie

Any luck in solving the wiring issue?

Quick Reply: MAJOR WIRING ISSUE