Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Oil Leaks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
95Stealthguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leaks!

Hi all,

Brand new here.... Juts had my 95 Stealth RT's valve cover gaskets replaced along with the alternator. ($943.00 BTW) and now my cam seals are leaking... How difficult of a job is the cam seals. I do a lot of my own stuff... brakes, hoses...simple kinda stuff. I have done plenty of Valve cover gaskets, water pumps, radiators... but all on older easy to access cars... ANY help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Tony

Old 08-29-2007, 03:56 PM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: Oil Leaks!

hmm... i always thought that cam sealsshould bereplaced with valve cover gaskets. and $943 is crazy, i have had valve seals replaced for $300 together with timing belt and new valve cover gaskets(the set that i bought came with cam seals). The parts were another $100 or so. It's pretty straight forward. When taking the intake off just make sure that you know where you took out each of the bolts, first time i did it i actually sorted the bolts with little pictures that i drew of where it went. After doing it once i figured that as long as you don't wait for a month to put it together you can put it back together with no problems.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 PM
95Stealthguy

Thants waht I was afraid of... It's not the intake that makes me nervous...it's all of the wires and stuff connected to it!!!... They want another 600.00 to do the Cam seals.... I may have to bite the bullet and pull the intake myself...

Thanks for the info!!!

Tony

Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

about things that connect, it's straight forward too. When you put the intake back most of the things will line up and all conectors have different shape so you can't mess them up. It's really not that hard, first time i had to pull it off it took me an hour, the second time it took me 15 minutes.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 PM
thestealth
Champion

They want another $600 bucks to replace seals they should have replaced when they did the valve cover gaskets?? You gotta be kidding me...tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Don't let all the wires and big intake fool ya, deep down this is just another internal combustion engine. Like yevgen said...after you dig into it once, it's pretty easy after that.

Quick Reply: Oil Leaks!