Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Major help needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
mt_sharon_mt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major help needed!!!!

I have a 1993 Dodge Stealth SOHC. Took it to the garage. Paid $600 for a fuel pump and other stuff. Still never got fixed. Brother fixed old computer because of possibly bad capacitors. Still not fixed. Ordered used computer. Fixed for a week and now that it is raining (coincidence?) it will not start again. Doing the same thing as before. I am so frustrated I do not know which way to turn. Does anyone out here have any idea of what the heck is wrong with this car? It has a mind of its own. If it wants to start it will. If not, will leave me stranded. I am short of taking this thing to the junkyard. New timing belt put in. Only has 70,000 miles but I am really beginning to hate this thing. It has been down off and on for 9 months. Someone please help and give me some ideas.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:10 PM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: Major help needed!!!!

do you think it woud not start mostly in humid weather? could be that new used ecu was going bad.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
thestealth
Champion

Crack in the distributer cap..?

Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 AM
mt_sharon_mt

Nope, replaced distributor cap. I just cannot figure this thing out. You cannot take it anywhere for fear it is not going to start. I just cannot understand why it starts intermittently. My brother sprayed starting fluid in it and it started up???? Any ideaswhy?Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 AM
thestealth
Champion

It only happens when it rains?

Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
mt_sharon_mt

Not necessarily. This morning I went out and it started right up and it is not raining (coincidence????[]I don't know) I honestly think this car is possessed or something. There have been times when it was not raining and it would not start also. If the garage cannot fix it I just do not know where to go next. Anyone want to buy aStealth???? (just kidding) Sharon

P.S: My brotheris a pretty good mechanic and he isjust stumped.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
thestealth
Champion

Is there an after market alarm on the car? Does all the wiring look intact? Have you replaced the crank sensor in the distributer (I think that is where it is in a SOHC)?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:08 AM
xcrashx

I agree with an above post...could be the new used ecu computer you purchased is also going bad. I have a bad ecu computer in mine and sometimes it starts up and other days it will do nothing. The days where it is humid and raining it seems that those are the days it won't start or stay started. On brisk cooldays she starts up and runs like a dream (until she heats up).

Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 AM
mt_sharon_mt

Okay, update. Hubby took it to a garage to have it checked. Diagnostic check said everything is okay. The guy at the garage said to check the spark when it will not run. We did that and it has spark. It is getting fuel and has spark...what the heck else could it be. As I said before it will start when it wants to and runs perfectly fine...no miss or anything????

Old 11-18-2007, 12:22 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

i would closely inspect the capacitors on that new used ecu. and check for any spliced or wierd looking wires like "thestealth" said. If it will start with starting fluid, i would think maybe the fuel pump is going out but if it was replaced, idk. fuel filter might be cloged.
I'm just guessing now lol

Quick Reply: Major help needed!!!!