Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Wheel problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 AM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel problem

About a month ago I had my tires balanced for a set of new rims/tires. Well I went to take the front right off and because somehow all of the studs came lose after they took off the tires. All but one lugnut would come off, it spun and spun. I tried to vice grip it to get it to come off and it wouldnt bunch. Ended up trying to drill it off and that didnt work to well. Any suggestions on how to get it off? Really dont want to take it to a shop. The socket wont fit the lug anymore due to it being all screwed up from the drill.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Wheel problem

When I bought my RT, it had wheel locks. I didn't think to ask about the key. When I went to rotate the tires, low and behold, there was no key. I took an old, cheap socket and beat it on to the lug bolts and was able to take off 3 of the 4 locking lug nuts. The forth one wouldn't budge. Ended up using an air chisel to loosen it. In the process, it stripped the stud, so I have been able to put a lug nut on that stud since. One reason I hate to let a shop take off my wheels is because they use an impact to put them back on, usually getting them too tight. Good luck.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 AM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran

Well I am trying to get this last lugnut off so I can put the studs back on tight and go back to my stock rims. People at 3si told me to try to dremel it off, so I will be doing that and praying it works.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
thestealth
Champion

A dremel on a lug nut/stud...good luck.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Blink_Jason
Professional

idk.. dremel = powerfull tool, but u may go through a few dremel wheels

Old 11-15-2007, 08:05 PM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran

I searched 3si forum and a lot of people used a dremel to get off their studs, so apparently it works quiet well. As soon as I find the one we own I will give it a try.

Quick Reply: Wheel problem