Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

new engine.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:31 PM
streetstealth
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine.

alright i have a 1993 stealth base model witha 3.0L sohc. I was wondering if it would be hard to take that engine out and put in a 3.0L or 3.5L Dohc engine. ?? I want to start upgrading my car but i cant really find anything that goes with the sohc so i want to put in a dohc. Does anyone have a dohc engine they would be willing to sell?
Thanks

Old 11-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Danny~G
Rookie
Default RE: new engine.

yeah i have a dohc 3.0 but the rod bearings on cylinders 1 and 2 spun on a light wieght crank i say shot me an offer if you want it

Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 AM
jookie7705
Rookie

Just so you know, the SOHC and DOHC engines have quite a few differences and you'll be dropping a lot of cash getting it in your car. I used to have a 1994 SOHC Base and you're right, it IS hard to find upgrades for it. You'll probably also hear from others that it'd be cheaper to just buy a DOHC model 3S.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Danny~G
Rookie

true there is goning to be olot of changes you have to change the the hook ups for distrbuter cap to coil packs, there will also be the detanation secnsor that will have to be wired in, the ecu will have to be swaped becuase of timing. and that is all i can think of for right now, yeah it will get spendy if your like me and really detacated,you should be able to do it, i put the awd on my ES that took 1 year to get it right.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:37 PM
streetstealth
Rookie

well.. since the car is under my dads name since i was 17 when i bought it. I cant sell it for a different one. So it looks like ill be droping the cash and gettin my hands dirty. So does anyone know what all has to be changed and about how much this is going to cost me??
thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 AM
yevgenievich
Captain

i would at least put away $900 just for the motor, then allocate $300 for ecu, and $500 for sensors and wiring, then add $400 for random things. You should be ok if you can pick up the motor complete with harness and ecu.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM
streetstealth
Rookie

alright. thanks.

Quick Reply: new engine.