Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Dano Sport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring

Okay so i took my car in the other day to wash it. Before nothing was wrong but now my speedometer, tach, gauges, parking lights, and taillights all dont light up. I know the wire is grounding out. I am really not looking forward to tearing my car apart trying to find this frayed wire. So i was wondering if anyone here knew where is should start looking, or if you should bite the bullet and take it in to let a professional handle it. [:@]

Thanks

Old 12-08-2004, 03:35 AM
blink182515
Default RE: Wiring

Check your fuses. There is a fuse block in the engine bay and usually inside under the dash (where your feet are.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:20 PM
thestealth
Champion

Like blink said, start checking fuses first. Under the hood on the passenger side in front of the air-box is a fuse box. Under the dash above where the clutch pedal would be is another fuse box. Other than that, chasing electrical gremlins is mostly a trial and error affair. A real PITA. Good luck.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Dano Sport

Well yeah i know to check the fuse box. So should i take it in or should i try and figure it out myself?

Old 12-10-2004, 01:13 PM
thestealth
Champion

More than likely it is a ground wire. There are 5 or 6 in various places throughout the car. Offhand I do not know where they are. I will have to check the manual to find out for sure. If you can wait another day, I'll find out where they are.

In the meantime, search through this site, stealth316.com. I am sure somewhere on his 200 page site will be grounding locations.

Quick Reply: Wiring