Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

engine swap stealth r/t

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:13 PM
invsbl1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap stealth r/t

i have a 92 stealth r/t (v-6 dohc)with a spun bearing(s), can i put a 94 dohc motor(gen 2 with 70k miles)into a 92 car and use the 92 wiring harness, ecu's, etc... should i put the 92 heads(crank/cam sensor in head)onto the 94 motor and remove the crank/cam sensor from gen 2 motor?? whats easier?? can i have some feed back here??? also, i'll be placing my 93 r/t stealth (49k miles)on e-bay very soon. thanks! invsbl1

Old 01-17-2008, 05:05 PM
cruisingthesouth
Default RE: engine swap stealth r/t

To change it over you would need to change the harness and computer over. You could use the bottom end off of the 94 and the top end off of the 92 but believe me it is easier and cheaper to just change it over. Took me about 30min to change the harness and ecu vs buying the head gasket set and everything. But that is my opinion.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: engine swap stealth r/t

swaping straight ver would be the easyest. Pus you would get rid of the ticking noise that gen 1 motrs tend to make.

Quick Reply: engine swap stealth r/t