Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

burnin oil and oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
stealthy skan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burnin oil and oil pressure

i got 165,000 miles on my baby.when i drive she rides fine but when i stay idled at a stop light for too long when i pull off, my exhaust smokes until my oil pressure returns to normal(when in idle my gauge drops from where it needs to be to 25%)Now the smoke isn't particularly a heavy white smoke and my oil appears fine if not a little burned.I put some RIZLONE oil treatment to stop the smoking and it worked temporarily.What is the problem?javascript:void(AddText('[:@]'))

Old 04-26-2008, 02:04 PM
jookie7705
Rookie
Default RE: burnin oil and oil pressure

Smoking at a stop light... ah, that sounds all to familiar. Lots of us 3S owners know that story. It's your valve stem seals. Replacing those will eliminate the smoke.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:22 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

yep, sounds about right to me, i replaced mine around 168000 mile mark. You can save some money if you bring the car to the shop with intake already of, or take it off while waiting for mechanic to look at it if you are going to take it somewhere to take those replaced

Old 05-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Lefty23

Holy cow! Thats the same thing I am going through right now?!?! I am at 146K in a 95 RT. I have the same exact symptoms Stealthy Skan listed. I even used Lucas oil to great effect. I heard that it harms the motor in the long run so I stopped...now it smokes even worse. Valve stem huh?Is that a big thing to take off? Im noew to the fix it yourself thing. I look to get the manufactueres maintenance manual so I can work on her myself. But you say I can take the thing off right in the mechanins parking lot huh? If theres any more info you have id love it. I get so embarrased "smoking out" the block.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Lefty23

Decided to just invest in a new motor. A shop qutoed me 1500 just to do the heads. They also mentioned it would cost 1500 to buy a motor with just 60,000 miles on it. Another 500 to put it in. I figure another 300 or so to take it out and i get a somewhat new motor installed for 2500 or so. I guess thats a good starting point.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:31 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

if you still need a manual:
http://rurussian.com/ds.htm, right click on ds and choose save as
if they are going to redo the heads completely 1500 might be ok, i got away with 250 to replace those seals. I took the intake off and got everything ready for the mehanic to replace as i didn't have the right tool or the experience to replace the seals

Old 06-25-2008, 11:02 AM
takai

ORIGINAL: yevgenievich

if you still need a manual:
http://rurussian.com/ds.htm right click on ds and choose save as
if they are going to redo the heads completely 1500 might be ok, i got away with 250 to replace those seals. I took the intake off and got everything ready for the mehanic to replace as i didn't have the right tool or the experience to replace the seals
fix'd link.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, My Stealth is in perfect condition, in exclusion of this one specific problem. Right now it's to the point that the Fifth Cylinder wont fully compress, so it's about as good as a dead cylinder.

Quick Reply: burnin oil and oil pressure