Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

installing timing belt

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
sickstealth1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing timing belt

i opened my hood the other day an d relized my timing belt was really loose, i checked out he self ajuster and found out it was bad.im lucky cause the belt could about slip at any time. so i took out the ajuster, and decided that since im in here ill replace the belt. well while replacing the tensioner the old belt jumped off the cam gears and i have no idea on how to get this engine back to time, any help/ directions would be awsome.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:53 AM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: installing timing belt

is it SOHC or DOHC?
included DOHC timing belt installation instructions that i have. It might help

[IMG]local://upfiles/56141/13787D7DCA564BAA86BA641900DCC64D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 AM
endearedjoker
Default RE: installing timing belt

I just replaced my timing belt also but you have to clip the belts in place to insure you dont jump otherwise it is a pain in the butt. You must keep one side in place while adjusting the other cam i used a rod to inure no movement while adjusting the otherside. I just finished restoring my 1993 sohc and at 11 pm while taking it out for a test drive some idiot ran a red light and now my car is nothing but a pile of medal. I wish you good luck with your car I will surely miss mine, I loved my stealth!

sincerely
endearedjoker@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: installing timing belt