Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

stealth questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:15 AM
t4dude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stealth questions

stealth base whats that ive only seen pics is it better then es or rt? what is it witch of the 3 are the best modles im confused now.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:23 AM
thestealth
Champion

Both the Stealth RT's and Iroc had very similar output, around 220. They would be fairly even, but eventually the v-8 would prevail. Just my opinion having driven both. A drivers race maybe...?? An Iroc would simply rape a base Stealth though, no contest.

You don't want a "base" stealth. They have the SOHC motor that is much less powerful, but not quite as (expensive) maintenance. 165hg to 220hp if fairly significant. The ES and RT both have the DOHC motor.

Yes, when I first got my liscense and car, that was about the only thing on my mind (well girls and sports too, but anyway) Saturday I was bored, so I fired up the car and just went for a drive...just because, no reason...so that feeling never quite goes away.

My car is an RT if you are wondering about the visual differences.

A Stealth RT or RT/TT (the only visual difference between the 2 is the wheels)

This is the DOHC engine in RT's and ES's.

A Stealth ES and base look the same, but like the RT and TT, they have different wheel options.

This is the SOHC engine equipped in the base model.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:36 PM
t4dude
Captain

thanx for the info i definitly dont want a base stealth no offense to people who do ahve them but they arnt for me. the reason i asked about the iroc is my friend just got one from his dad and was makeing fun of me saying that the stealth is slow and would b hopeles against his iroc haha he changed his mine after we had a lilttle fight yes i won ill just have to prove to him the power of a stealth when i get mine he wont b driving tell i can ethir. hes all talk he gets big things but cant drive. im planing on racing at the battle of the schools at cordova drag way and the leading comp is a 350 nitrious z28 camaro with lots and lots of other mods haha i dont think ill take him but it would b fun to try. o yea hes a senior so he has had time with his car.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:49 PM
thestealth
Champion

Just for reference, an DOHC equipped Stealth is only good for about a 15+ second run stock. The IROC was about a 14.5 second car.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 AM
t4dude
Captain

k thanx hey do you know how fast the 0 to 60 time is? and do black cars get dirty easy? i know they get hot but ive herd they get dirty too?

Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 AM
thestealth
Champion

0-60 I would guess 6+ for a DOHC. A TT around 5.

I had a black car once. I would wash and wax and shine the hell out of it, 30 minutes later it would have a very visible layer of dust on it. Black shows EVERYTHING, but when it is shining, it looks good. especially with chrome wheels.

Old 04-07-2005, 10:58 PM
t4dude
Captain

thats cool i definetly b thinking about the color. what are some easy cheap starter mods i was thinking some raceing wheels with performance tires exhast system and defenetly b messing with the gearing. any other mods that would do good for my 1st car i dont want to waste all my money on the inside ill proly only get it a nice cd player but nothing else and some gauges but besides that what about mods?

Old 04-08-2005, 12:45 PM
thestealth
Champion

If you are looking to make an NA Stealth fast you will have your work cut out for you. There are NO cheap ways of gaining power with these cars. I/E will only give you miminal gains. You cannot re-flash the ECU or add any of those ebay resistor chips. Unless your pockets are quite deep, you will never make a sub-14 second car out of an ES or RT Stealth unless you go FI (supercharger, TT conversion, Nitrous Oxide)

Old 04-08-2005, 09:17 PM
t4dude
Captain

so there is no ecu upgrades or anything? what about on of those computer tuners you plug into the computer of the car?

Old 04-09-2005, 12:44 PM
thestealth
Champion

There are stand alone and piggy back units, but no one has really explored the benefits of them on an NA car. No one that I know of anyway. Usually people with FI use them to help control air/fuel mixes and what not.

Quick Reply: stealth questions