Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

92 dodge stealth 24,402 miles

Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
92DodgeStealth985
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 dodge stealth 24,402 miles

So i just bought a 92 stealth with 24XXX miles. 5 speed 3.0l SOHC it does have some issues which ill list below. i paid 700 for it. Body and paint is a 9/10 and interior is easily a 9.5/10. I have a good amount of car knowledge, my other car is a 1987 toyota supra turbo targa. want to keep the miles off that so i bought this to fix up and drive.

1. No key. already have the key code and working this issue, should have the key this afternoon.

2. acording to the last owner the ECU is bad. Doing some research this is very common. but what year ecu's can i use and does it have to be SOHC or can i use DOHC ecu's?

3. The last owner said the clutch pressure plate is jacked. the clutch pedal is floored but can be pulled up. the shift action is smooth as far as i can tell. the car rolls in nuetral and doesnt roll in first ( most i can check with out the key and ecu. whats the easiest way to check i personaly think its the clutch slave cylinder thats the problem but im not sure.

Those are the only problems i know of so far. if anyone can give a little bit extra guidence it would be greatly appriciated!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
thestealth
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, you cannot use an ECU from a DOHC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 dodge stealth 24,402 miles