Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

1991 Dodge Stealth misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:35 PM
immommasbaby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Dodge Stealth misfire

I have a late model 91 dodge stealth, dule cam. I have a misfire and can't find the problem. I have new plugs, wires, coils and I am not getting fire to plugs coming from my center coil. I can swich coils and its always the center coil thats not firing my plugs. Could it be a ground wire? How do I check that and where are the ground wires located? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:37 PM
joemcc2

I have a 91 dodge stealth R/T and I have the same problem with my frount coil any advice I can get would be great thank you.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

have you checked the caps on the ECU? They are ALL starting to go bad now. It's the single most common misfiring problem with these cars.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:21 PM
immommasbaby

Thank you for your response Girly TT.
What are the ECU caps and how do I check them?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 AM
immommasbaby

I'm getting fire TO my center coil but not FROM the center coil so two plugs and wires aren't firing. I have new ecu, ignition module, plugs and wires. I have took the ECU out and can't see any leaks or anything that looks bad. I have no idea what to do now. I can start my car up and drive about 5 miles most days before it starts to misfire. I'm wondering if there is something getting warm that is starting it to misfire. Anyone have any ideas? Could there be something wrong with my ecu after that I can't see after only 500 miles of driving? When one goes bad can you always see the problem?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

It could be your coil pack. Have you checked the resistance compared to the other coils?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
immommasbaby
Default ECU pics

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yxncc1.jpg

This is a link to a pic of my ecu. I have looked it over and can't see any leaks. Thank you so much for your help. I'm open to any ideas that you may have to help me get my car back on the road.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:34 PM
prostreets10

Originally Posted by immommasbaby
I'm getting fire TO my center coil but not FROM the center coil so two plugs and wires aren't firing. I have new ecu, ignition module, plugs and wires. I have took the ECU out and can't see any leaks or anything that looks bad. I have no idea what to do now. I can start my car up and drive about 5 miles most days before it starts to misfire. I'm wondering if there is something getting warm that is starting it to misfire. Anyone have any ideas? Could there be something wrong with my ecu after that I can't see after only 500 miles of driving? When one goes bad can you always see the problem?
Did you ever figure out your problem? I have a 91 twin turbo with the exact same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:36 PM
prostreets10

Originally Posted by prostreets10
Did you ever figure out your problem? I have a 91 twin turbo with the exact same problem. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Old 04-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

he has a bad ECU. If you look in the picture he linked, the capacitors are leaking. You need a 91-92 ECU. I should have one coming in.

Quick Reply: 1991 Dodge Stealth misfire