Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

supercharger.. Turbocharger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fkn awesome good sir, from what I read you can tell them to build it up for you so you can just throw on a supercharger system and not have to worry. Granted that'll probably run the price up quite a bit. I would highly recommend upgrading your transmission so it can handle the kind of power/torque you plan on throwing at it. Your going to need a better fuel pump, injectors, brakes, possibly suspension, obviously tires. If you want to do that then get the engine and build it up when you can and start upgrading things on your car so it can handle it. And in doing this it will ensure you have a car to to drive around still while you build things up.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:09 PM
evo42
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, nice. I'll have to do that then.. Won't be anytime within the next month, but definantly within half a year, to a year and a half, I'll be able to have it all done

Old 03-17-2011, 09:28 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There you go. But like I said before your going to need to feed the engine so youll need to upgrade your fuel system, and your going to need to put it to the ground, so I'd recommend upgrading the tranny.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:24 PM
evo42

So, were exactly can i find a supercharger for the SOHC 3L ES Stealth? Ripp's doesn't exactly have a model for the Stealth, at all.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

these cars take best to twin turbocharging.

Since you're a SOHC, there are NO turbo options available, aside from a complete custom set-up (manifolds and everything would need to be custom fab'd).

If you want the best bang for your buck, you're best off selling your SOHC and getting a Twin Turbo. You can pick those up now-a-days for around 5k for a fairly solid condition R/T TT. You can get a 500AWHP turbo package for under $5k (direct bolt-on set-up). If you can do the work yourself, you've got yourself a 10 second kick-*** car for about $10k.

I believe Knights Superchargers used to make a kit for the SOHC Stealth/3000GT. Not sure if it's available anymore they were NOT a good seller. Those kits I think were in the $5k range, and for the money, did not net you even a remotely acceptable power range.

To each their own though. To convert your car to DOHC, you'll need a complete DOHC donor car, as EVERYTHING is different... accessories, cooling, wiring/electronics... EVERYTHING. And at that point, you're still N/A FWD, and you'll be in it almost 2-3k. For 2k more, you can get a VR4, and have a SOLID turbo-based car with AWD, that can handle the 500AWHP with very minimal upgrades to the driveline.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:45 PM
evo42

I know a place or two around here, that has a DOHC TT engine, already fully built for about 2K. ECU, wiring harness, fuel rail, alternator, everything attached. Has about 110K miles on it, or something liek that. Coudl just pull my engine, and drop the full one in there.

Changing the exhaust won't be that big of a deal. I was going to buy a new exhaust set anyways, new headers, etc etc.

Know a guy around here that builds Turbo's, so we're going to hook up. Some good ole bolt on ones. the kind 3sx makes, basically. TD04's, or something of the works.

Been looking in to converting the FWD to AWD, or even RWD.. but, i figured I'd keep that the same, and just drop an LSD in there.

Been doing a bit more research, and easier/less costly ways of keeping this car, and making it a project. Basically all i want it for, is to be a project over time, and then race at the tracks, here, later on.

Last edited by evo42; 03-25-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

you'll need quite a bit more that that, all of the brackets, radiator etc.

You won't be able to do RWD unless you ghetto rig your ****. GOod luck with that.

You'll need to buy an AWD car, and cut out the AWD subframe mounting points, cut out the plates in your car, and weld the AWD ones in.

For all of that work and money, you can buy an AWD one to start with.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:29 PM
evo42

Yea, I know about the AWD crap. hints why I'm not doing a conversion, and just settling with an LSD.

Need a new exhaust, headers, though i can use the same exhaust, though won't get as much gains from it. Been doing research with other stealth owners. Engine, with the alternator, and everything, drops righti n, and snaps up. The ECU and Harness already come with it, as well. Even the tranny.. which i wont nee,d so probably will just sell it.

overall, not too worried about that. That's the stuff I want to do. Just make it a project to last me a bit, then say I did it.

Last edited by evo42; 03-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

you'll be blowing through transmissions left and right. good luck

Quick Reply: supercharger.. Turbocharger?