Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

91 stealth runs rough

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 PM
shanecox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 91 stealth runs rough

my stealth runs rough no codes rough idle no power have replaced the spark plugs,maf, wires check out good. when you unplug maf the car goes into limp mode and runs fine just not above 3000 rpm any help would be apreciated please. fuel injectors ohmed out ok.160 psi compresson in all cylinders.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 PM
shanecox

also timing is dead on

Old 05-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

could be the ecu.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:26 AM
shanecox

it shows to be rebuilt but does not look like a good job will replace with parts store one and see if that fixes it will post if it does but cant buy it till end of the month.thanks for replying that helps.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

Originally Posted by shanecox
it shows to be rebuilt but does not look like a good job will replace with parts store one and see if that fixes it will post if it does but cant buy it till end of the month.thanks for replying that helps.
you can't get a parts store one. and if so, they're about $1000+... because they're new OEM... if you can get it.

I have a rebuilt one here, lifetime warranty. $300, + $200 refundable core charge, that is refunded once I receive your rebuildable core ecu of the same part number.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
shanecox

oriellys can get it for me for same price had them check to make sure and they called and checked and said yes but if they end up not getting it will let you know. the caps have been changed in this one but does not look like good job.just unpluged maf sensor and can drive it to work and back till i get the money for it.thanks will keep you in mind though just incase.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

just make sure it's the right part number when you get it. That the bolded numbers (4 digits), match your exactly.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:30 PM
shanecox

ok replaced ecu,and tps and still runs rough any other idea's took it to dealer and they do not have connector for stealth but said they thought it was tps so replaced it and same thing any help would be great running out of parts to replace still runs decent with map unpluged and in limp mode.

Quick Reply: 91 stealth runs rough