Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

1992 Dodge Stealth Shaking after Tune Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Sydney4210
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Dodge Stealth Shaking after Tune Up

I just did a tune up on my 92 Dodge Stealth. V6 no turbo or any sort of upgrades. I just did my air filter, plugs, wires, distributor rotor and an oil change. Unfortunately now I am noticing some shaking like the timing belt is going. I am worried that maybe I put the wrong rotor on or something... The one I took out had little "teeth" (best way I can describe it) and the replacement had smooth edges. Seems to me like that could pose an issue. Any ideas? Sorry if I sound stupid, this is a new car for the and the auto parts guys assured me (because they are SOOO knowledgeable) that it was the correct rotor and wouldn't pose an issues at all. The timing belt could be the problem, it is about that time according to the mileage... I guess I am just hoping somebody on here could help. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Girly TT
Veteran

well, if it didn't match the one that came out of your car, then that could very well be your problem.

post a picture of exactly what you are talking about though (the difference between the two), it's really impossible to tell what is going on from your post.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 PM
lewis blackwell
Default 1992 Dodge Stealth Shaking

Dunno how many miles on timing belt, usually changed by 60,000 miles, but I changed mine at 180,000 cuz I didn't pay attention to book. Engine's
still running perfectly. Shaking might be caused by unclean injectors, too.
I had a stutter on acceleration until I added a couple treatments of Gumout. No better ideas here.

Quick Reply: 1992 Dodge Stealth Shaking after Tune Up