Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

92 Stealth with the original CD and radio-Can the "distortion" be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:35 PM
john123123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Stealth with the original CD and radio-Can the "distortion" be fixed?

This 92 Stealth R/T has got the factory CD and radio. The old speakers were wore out and I replaced them with new Sony's. The new speakers sound just as bad as the old ones. You can only turn the volume halfway up and the speakers are distorting very bad. Of all the cars that I have had I have never came across this problem. When I go to adjust the bass on the radio the distortion is also bad. Since I have replaced the speakers that pretty much rules them out. Is it possible that since this is a 92 model,that the system is wore out and it's time for a new CD/Radio?

Old 10-18-2005, 10:04 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: 92 Stealth with the original CD and radio-Can the "distortion" be fixed?

You didn't phase the wires wrong did you?? That will affect the clarity.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:42 AM
t4dude
Captain
Default RE: 92 Stealth with the original CD and radio-Can the "distortion" be fixed?

let me know if u want to get rid of the cd player im looking to buy a stock one for my stealth.

Quick Reply: 92 Stealth with the original CD and radio-Can the "distortion" be fixed?