Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Dodge Stealth and the K&N FIPK Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
john123123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Stealth and the K&N FIPK Kit

This seems to be a popular upgrade for most of the Stealths. Has anyone had any drivability problem(surging,a bad miss) with this setup? The reason I ask is back in 1998 I bought a 95 Ford Explorer with 42,000 miles on it. The air filter needed to be replaced and the paper(stock)filter was going to cost $18. Right next to the filters there was the section that sold K&N filters. Since they were reusable I went ahead and bought one to replace the stock filter. About a month later the Check Engine Light came on and took it to the dealer to pull the codes. Found out that the mass air flow sensor was dirty. The mechanic told me that the K&N filter actually lets too much air in and the oil in the filter sometimes will "coat" the fragile wire located in the sensor and cause the CEL to light up. Took the filter out and have always used a paper(stock) filter since then with no CEL issues. The Explorer just turned 115,000 miles with no problems. Hate to say this but this situation with the K&N filter and the oil that goes with it makes sense to me. Have read where many Explorer owners have had the same problem. But have also heard the opposite. Has anyone had this problem with the Stealt setup? Just curious. thanks!

Old 10-21-2005, 02:28 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Dodge Stealth and the K&N FIPK Kit

I have used a drop in K&N filter in my NA stealth for the last 6 years. I have not had any problems. I have not used a cone style filter though.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:44 PM
black stealth tt
Default RE: Dodge Stealth and the K&N FIPK Kit

the cone filters are fine. i've had them on many cars and they've all worked well. lots of 3s guys use the K&N or similar with no problems.

Quick Reply: Dodge Stealth and the K&N FIPK Kit