Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Pull ECS fuse for engine miss??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 03:38 PM
john123123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull ECS fuse for engine miss??

Read on another site about resetting the ECS to help with the engine having a miss? Did I read wrong or is there something to this? Thanks!

Old 10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Pull ECS fuse for engine miss??

No, you did not read wrong. Either pull the fuse, or unplug the wiring harness. The ECS is on the passenger side in the hatch. Remove the "tub" by the spare, remove a couple of screws in the corner plastic and you can access the ECS control unit. Very easy to remove. The ECS does send a signal to the ECU and if the capacitors on the ECS are malfunctioning (as they will over time) it will send an incorrect voltage to the ECU. It can also fry the ECU beyond repaid if left unchecked.

Old 11-21-2005, 03:51 PM
jakster
Rookie

Hey People
First thanks for all the great info on this car I have not bought the manual yet but will soon. OK the ECS unit I went into my hatch and pulled the pan on the passenger side and nothing. I could not find the ECS unit is this only on RT's or do the ES with the 24 valve V six have the unit in the same place. Maybe mine was already gone??? If it was gone how will the car run and for how long. I am trying to nurse it until spring when I will have it back to New Mexico and can do a total rebuild. Do you think it will make the 2200 mile road trip from Key West to NM As rough as it is running I still was able to get an easy 100+ out of the car today at a hundred it went from a stutter to a launch and a puff of black smoke and it was color me gone. Crazy old dude [8D] This is the most fun since I met my wife in the back seat of my. Maybe another time about that.

Old 11-21-2005, 04:00 PM
thestealth
Champion

The control unit is behind the plastic molding in the hatch. After you remove the tub (by the spare) you can access a small "door" in the molding. Behind that is the ECS unit.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:00 PM
jakster
Rookie

OK this is the skinnie I pulled the tub per your instructions took all the little doors off felt around and all I can find is the washer tank no ECS unit one plug but I think it goes to the tail light. Am I looking for a plug or the whole unit ????? anyway NO UNIT DOCTOR [&:]

Old 11-21-2005, 09:20 PM
john123123
Rookie

Which Stealth do you have? Do you have the active suspension? The one where you push a button and it adjust's the shocks? The ECS unit is on the passenger side in the rear hatch area. Lift up the carpet,take out the tub(3 screws I think)then there is a small panel that comes off and right there is the unit. You can disconnect it without taking anything out. I disconnected mine and the handleing was awfull. Plug it back in but it did not fix my miss. I'm waiting for my fuel injectors to get cleaned. Hope this helps.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:14 PM
jakster
Rookie

OK I think I have the cornfusion figgerred out haahaha I think we are talking about two diffrent things and I just caught it. This is kind of like dislexia ECM ECU ECS the third the ECS is the board for the electronic controlled suspencion RIGHT? I have the standard non electric controlled no frills suspencion. This is why I am not finding the box back in the trunk. I have the ECM under the consol and that is all I have I think.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 AM
thestealth
Champion

lol...

...the ECU is under the dash behind the stereo. If you have an automatic tranny, the control unit is under the dash as well, in the middle of the car near the firewall.

Quick Reply: Pull ECS fuse for engine miss??