Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Weak fuel pump? Still has the miss

Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 AM
john123123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak fuel pump? Still has the miss

What are the symptoms of a weak fuel pump? Lord knows i've tried everything else on this car. In all of my years of driving I have had 2 bad fuel pumps. How did I know there were bad? They just stopped running. Very simple. Took the computer out yesterday and the board was very clean so that's not the problem. Is it possible that a weak fuel pump could hang on for almost 6 months?

Old 11-03-2005, 02:02 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Weak fuel pump? Still has the miss

Check the voltage at the pump to be sure it is getting sufficient power. I'm with you though, I've never had a fuel pump barely work. They always worked or didn't work.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:53 PM
john123123
Rookie

The one thing i'm going to do is send my injectors in for a cleaning. At $12 a pop that's pretty cheap. Besides with such a small opening,i can see where it wouldn't take much for the injector not to be 100%.

Old 11-23-2005, 11:12 PM
jakster
Rookie

I also may look into my tank,pump and filters when this same thing started with my car I had just filled up when I realized the tanker truck was on the side of the station and was dropping his fuel in the ground right then. This can stir up water and other trash in the bottom of the stations tanks and cause you and possibuly in this case me problems. I am not sure where all the filters are on the car so I will be checking this out also. I found one on the tank top it was bone dry It may be a return I don't know for sure I don't have a manual yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weak fuel pump? Still has the miss