Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

wheel wobble wiggle worry

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:49 AM
jakster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel wobble wiggle worry

Wow say that ten times. OK Jake here scratching my head again on the old Stealth mystery problem. This is a learning curve on this car. I was booking along and had driven about 130 miles back to Marathoon in the F;orida Keys comming home after Hurricane Wilma blasted the place. I did not hit anything the old smoker ran great 80 was my average speed. The next day when I took my lady to work I noticed the front end had a wiggle or wobble. I pulled the wheel and checked the bearing nothing that I could feel or see. Tire seemed to be ok no bubbles the rims are stock and the former chick that drove this car found the curbe on all but one rim. The stearing wheel wabbles in your hands and it feels like the rim is bent at slow speed. the car has also begun to pull to the left. I may be dumping more into the old ride than I should it has 220.000 miles on it body is so so interior is the same she is a smoker. Is it worth the effort to restore this car or should I find a better copy and part this one out? I really like the car its fun to drive but I am limited to the work I can do as I have no garage and it may be a tough thing to fix in Advanced Auto Parts side lot. Living on a boat is great as long as you do not have to work on anything but the boat. Another WHTF with this problem. do the rims ever warp or crack they seem like they have taken a beating and I want new 17" MOMO's will they fit ????????

Old 11-19-2005, 10:55 PM
frostyyguy
Default RE: wheel wobble wiggle worry

yeah the 17's will fit, but why waste money on 17's for it if your not gonna fix the car?

Old 11-21-2005, 02:11 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: wheel wobble wiggle worry

You should take your car in for an alignment. Have them inspect the tie rod ends and sway bar bushings. You could also have your wheels re-balanced. You may have lost a wheel weight. They would also be able to tell you if you have a bent rim.

Quick Reply: wheel wobble wiggle worry