Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

ECM and ECS

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 10:21 PM
rossbrown
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM and ECS

Alright, i took out my ECU and it has been rebuilt once before It looks like some of the acid from the capacitors before ate a hole in the board but it was repaired by the rebuilding company. I can't see any leakage from any of the capacitors and it doesn't look like anything is burnt. I also read an article that said the ECS computer has been known to damage the ECM and it causes the car to throw a code saying that one of the coil packs isn't working. That is the code that my car gave me also. So is the ECS inside the ECM or is it a tottaly different computer, and doesn anyone know where it is located and how to test it???
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP ROSS

Old 12-04-2005, 04:20 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: ECM and ECS

Search for some threads started by john123123 or Cheifshoe... I explain in detail how to get to the ECS. Very quickly, it is on the passenger side in the rear hatch. Flip up the spare tire cover and look for a small access hatch on the passenger side. The hatch is partially covered by the truck tub (for lack of a better word) Take out the tub and remove the cover and the ECS will be behind it.

Your car is equipped with the adjustable shocks right??

Old 12-05-2005, 08:15 PM
jakster
Rookie

The Stealth and I went through this a week ago

Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 PM
jakster
Rookie

http://www.stealth316.com/2-ecmremoval.htm detailed instructions