Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Seeking diagnostic assistance/ second opinion

Old 08-23-2018, 01:59 PM
Leftovers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking diagnostic assistance/ second opinion

I recently purchased a 1991 stealth RT that appeared to be in mint condition. After a few days of driving the vehicle began struggling getting more than 1,000 RPM in any gear except for neutral. In neutral it revs fine but the second I put it into gear it struggles to pick up speed and barely reaches above 40 mph by the time it slowly chugs to 5th gear. It sputters as it accelerates as if its struggling to catch onto something. Someone with extensive car repair background suggested replacing the MAF sensor? Any thoughts or discussion is very appreciated, I'm in over my head here.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Any codes? Have them read and post them here. You might want to get the fuel pressure checked also.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

And take a look at the last time the thing was maintenanced. Plugs, wires, etc.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:36 PM
Leftovers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Any codes? Have them read and post them here. You might want to get the fuel pressure checked also.
Will do! Hopefully will have that done tomorrow and can post the codes. Thanks for the tip about the fuel pressure as well. Will keep in mind

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seeking diagnostic assistance/ second opinion