Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Clutch/Cruise Control Question. Seat Belt Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 10:16 PM
lorisstealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch/Cruise Control Question. Seat Belt Question.

Hello all,
I need a little help. I have a 1992 Stealth RT with DOHC motor. This is my first stealth and am trying to get it back to GREAT running condition. IT had a new motor, tranny and clutch put in prior to my buying it. My first question is that the cruise does not work. The light comes on on the dash but will not set. While checking the switches by the clutch i found one completely missing. The housing was also broken. Does someone have a picture of what that switch looks like and exactly how it is installed. My other problem is my seat belts. Neither the driver or passenger side belt will retract when not in use. I have to manually feed them back in. I am worried about this in that the belts may not work correctly during an accident and also it is just a pain in the neck to have to manually feed them back in. Any help anyone can give would be great. Thanks fellow stealth fans.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:44 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Clutch/Cruise Control Question. Seat Belt Question.

The switch on the side of the steering wheel is broken?? Steering wheel breakdown Click on the steering wheel/column section, Pg. 307.
More than likely a dealer only item, or perhaps a salvage yard.

Edit: I misread your original post, this is the best I can do for the clutch diagram. link
Scroll down to the clutch section(s) 6-3 and 6-4

The seat belts hanging up are a common problem. They are part of the ETACS system, and "release" (to roll up) after the car has been shut off for a specified time. The winder spring gets a little weak over the years and doesn't fully retract them, some people have been successful using armour all on the seat belts to "slick" them up a little. This problem will not prevent them from functioning in an accident.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:50 PM
lorisstealth
Default RE: Clutch/Cruise Control Question. Seat Belt Question.

Thanks for the info but it is not the steering wheel control it is down by the floor board at the clutch. The switch that turns the cruise off if you push the clutch in. Any ideas on this? Thanks so much.
Lori

Quick Reply: Clutch/Cruise Control Question. Seat Belt Question.