Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

What happen to the Dodge Stealth

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 03:36 PM
93tt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What happen to the Dodge Stealth

OK here goes.....

The "average import tuner kiddie" as you put it, can obviously afford a $30k Evo or STI in your world.(they are selling great by the way)

I never said I was speaking directly about the Stealth, but the "big boys" in general. Let me READ.....yep those were my words. And the Stealth was probably stopped earlier because it was less popular than the rest.....it still is!

The biggest complaint about the 350z is that no one can run a good turbo kit on it without blowing the engine.

The biggest complaint in the tuner community about the rx8 is that it is underpowered.

And any tuner or enthusiast would rather have an older GSX, GST, or TSI than a new Mitsu Eclipse V6 for performance!

Oh and I guess the new Supra that will have a starting sticker price of between $60- 80K is using a Lexus V8 to keep costs down for the average tuner.

Dude thanks for all the info and feel free to make me feel dumber when you get back...I guess they say everyone needs a good cry once in a while[X(]

Seriously though thanks for the debate

Old 08-02-2004, 04:59 PM
alan92rttt
Rookie

Debate, its like talking to a brick wall.

Your argument makes no sense and is totally illogical, why say no Turbo'd cars and yet allow v8's with 2-3 times the HP?
Why only limit the JAP makers to not having Turbo'd cars?
Why only have the Jap car makers abide by the 4 door+rear seat for a turbo rule?
How is it that you and this mystery GM are the only people on the face of the earth that believe this?
Why is it that there is not a single mention of this anywhere on the internet?

Your argument is flawed.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:58 PM
93tt

ok I was trying to lighten things up, but obviosly your not only incapable of reading entire paragraphs your also pretty damn uptight! (probably the frustration of feeling wrong....I don't know??

Once again here we go...

First there are no v8 cars made by a Japanese manufactuer that are 2-3 times the hp of the turbos we are speaking of ie. the supra tt is 320hp factory who makes the 960hp car you are speaking of????????????

Second, the Japanese Manufactured cars competed price wise with the vettes, etc... Porsche and the others are "high end" sports cars that sell for $60k to $200k plus! They are not competition!!

You know what your week a#$ arguments aren't worth my time any more have a great one and remember to always read everything before speaking.

Old 08-02-2004, 07:13 PM
alan92rttt
Rookie

Gee, so 2-3 times was an exaggeration but ignore that. Your claim that the Turbo'd 6's are banned is silly.

Why allow even a 300hp v8 or v6 what's the functional difference?
Why only restrict the jap market? Why not restrict any of the European auto makers?
Why require 4 doors?

Hell don't answer why just provide one bit of proof. Find a page on the internet (that you did not make) that says anything close to this.

Hell be brave and go post this to the general forum of www.3si.org or supraforums.com your probably to afraid to do that. I think it would be funny to see how stupid they'd make you look.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:22 PM
93tt

Listen , I already adressed the question why not the other countries........once again read..........furthermore I don't know 100% if it's right or not because I have not researched it anymore than you have. I got this information from the manager of a Mitsubishi Dealer which without researching the matter in my opinion knows more that I do. Man I'm right I'm wrong either way I don't care. I own two fast cars, have a great wife, cool dogs, about the only thing I don't have is the time to keep going back and forth with someone like you who takes all this way to seriously!!! Have a good one.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:34 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: 93tt

I got this information from the manager of a Mitsubishi Dealer which without researching the matter in my opinion knows more that I do.
Well hell, since it is an opinion debate. I wouldn't trust a Dealer further than I could throw him..but. Some of what you say sort of passes the B.S. test, as there haven't been any turbos v-6s since 99 from japan. The RX-7 did not have a v6 so how was it banned?

I think that the jap sports cars just got to damn expensive for the performance (stock), when a Mustang, Camaro, and Vette all had similar to better performance for equal or less money. That is what killed them. Also they all seemed to get away from the TT motors because all that add is more things to break. With the 350z it has almost as much power NA as the 300z had with TT, why add more stuff to break when the same performance (or near) can be had with an NA motor.

Again this is all just my opinion as I have not researched (and won't) this.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:19 PM
93tt

I hear you....of course you could always say the rx7 falls under the 2 door issue.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:26 PM
thestealth
Champion

2 doors, dang it, I knew I forgot something. I still don't see how the US could specifically stop the Japanese manufactures from bringing over their cars while letting the Europeans bring over whatever they want. It just doesn't make sense.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:29 PM
93tt

Again, all I can think of is that the German cars are way to expensive to be considered a threat or competition?

Old 08-28-2004, 05:02 AM
mitsustealthcross

I want a stealth so bad. My dream is to buy a 91 or 92 stealth and drop a new engine in it. I'm deffinately going with the twin turbo but should I get the mitsu engine or the dodge engine?

Quick Reply: What happen to the Dodge Stealth